Blended Learning Consortium
High quality shared resources specifically developed for the FE curriculum.
About the Consortium
Heart of Worcestershire College has delivered a blended learning curriculum for over five years. One of the main challenges to this has been the sourcing of good quality learning resources specifically developed for the Further Education (FE) sector. From experience, we have found that the most effective way to create appropriate resources is through a co-development process where the costs and expertise are shared across the partnership.
The Blended Learning Consortium has been set up to support colleges in moving forward to meet accredited guidelines and allow members to benefit from the creation and sharing of FE specific resources. With this in mind, Heart of Worcestershire College would like to invite your college to join the Blended Learning Consortium. Sponsored by Canvas the Consortium currently produces a wide range of learning content spanning differing learning levels and subject areas.
How does the Consortium work?
- Annual membership fee of £5K
- Money used to pay staff in member colleges to write, edit and develop learning objects
- Democratic voting process to determine which subject areas are developed
- Content is created to agreed specifications and standards
- Members have access to the source files to adapt and re-brand the learning resources
- Members have their own control over any annually paid-up resources
- New members can back pay for previous years content
Benefits to members include:
- Access to high quality content developed by the Consortium
- Efficiency savings through shared development costs
- Money would be redistributed through member colleges to develop resources
- Development of in-house skills in writing, editing and developing content
- Support and training from the experienced content development team at Heart of Worcestershire College
- Discounted software from partners and sponsors
Please take a moment to watch this video explaining how the BLC works, from signing up as a member college, to having your say on the subjects you would like to see created. It details how to use the resources, as well as offering a perspective from member colleges on their involvement and how they have implemented the resources within their own institutions.
Exclusive offer for work based learning providers
Are you interested in just a small or specific area of the content available through the BLC?
Individual subject areas are available to purchase as block content at a discounted rate if you are a work based provider wishing to obtain access to just what you need. Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.